We are currently seeking talented and motivated postdoctoral candidates to join our group at the University of Maryland, working at the Laboratory for Physical Sciences on integrated photonic devices. Our laboratory offers state-of-the-art research facilities, including access to nanofabrication facilities at LPS and through the Maryland Nanocenter, optical waveguide measurement, and high-speed photonic characterization tools. The successful applicant will participate in existing projects and contribute to advancing our research program by investigating novel concepts and devices and proposing new ideas.
Essential skills and experience sought:
- PhD awarded (or expected) in Applied Physics, Engineering, Physics, or related field
- Excellent communication skills (in writing and speaking)
- Fabrication experience including lithography and dry etching
- Hands-on experience conducting optical device measurements including integrated photonic systems
Desirable skills include:
- Hands-on experience designing, fabricating, and characterizing MEMS, OMEMS, and/or optomechanical devices
- Experience with microwave photonic systems
- Numerical simulation of integrated photonic devices (FDTD, FEM)
- Experience with measurement automation and data acquisition
The University of Maryland and the Laboratory for Physical Sciences are located in the Washington DC Metropolitan area, which is not only a great place to live, but our proximity to many nearby collaborators, universities, government laboratories, and sponsors makes it an ideal place for a young scientist to launch a career. The University also offers good benefits and competitive salary.
Starting date: The position is available immediately, and interested applicants are encouraged to apply early for best consideration. The position will remain open until filled.
To apply, please send your curriculum vitae, along with the names and contact information of three potential references to email@example.com